Friday, September 24, 2010

PIG HEART TRANSPLANT - THEY EAT WHAT WE EAT B/W THEY SLEEP WHERE YOU SLEEP 7"

Released in 2010. RFL records.
/300 on black. Manila sleeve /42.

2 Tracks of dark and dissonant noise.

Definitely a favorite of 2010.  This record features Jon Kortland / Jensen Ward of Iron Lung and Greg Wilkinson of Brainoil.
The A side, "They Eat What We Eat", comes in with a simple, yet enticing beat until finally a pounding, eerie ovetone sets in. I find myself humming this song long after it's slow and ominous tone fades out.

The B side, "They Sleep Where You Sleep", is oddly reminiscent of the repetitive song in the 2010 film Inception. However, I'm sure it's a totally random event. The build up in this song somehow manages to make me feel uneasy and anxious, in a good way of course.
I seriously recommend buying this 7" if it's still available. $8ppd here. A small price to pay for a killer record. 

No comments:

Post a Comment